Switching to a business account is necessary as it allows us a view into your page analytics and your posts performance. Please note that once this is taken care of, we do not have access to any private information aside from your audience data, which is what brands use to determine if you are a good fit for their campaign.
Also, not to mention, business accounts grant you a lot more exposure to companies, gives you the ability to run ad's AND -Facebook’s new Inbox on pages will let you reply to messages and comments from an Instagram business account, which also allows you to set appointments, see more contact info, etc.
Below are some instructions on switching your Instagram account to a Business account.
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- Instagram will prompt you to connect to a Facebook business page (you need to have Admin access to the Facebook page)
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
Not sure if you already have an Instagram business account? (edit)
If you see a phone number, an email address, a business category, and even your business’s physical location - that's a business account.
Additionally, all Business Accounts give you access to analytics/insights. If you can see yours, then you have a Business Account!
How to find your insights/analytics on Instagram:
- In the top right corner, there is a Menu icon (the three horizontal lines).
- Next, tap on the Settings option, which is at the bottom of the menu.
- Navigate the Settings menu to find an option named Account.
- At the bottom of this menu, there will be options to Switch to a certain type of account
Note: you will see different options depending on your existing account type. For example, if you have a Business Account, then the options shown will be Switch to Personal Account and Switch to Creator Account.
If you have any additional questions about this, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Creator Support team at [email protected]